Thursday, July 05, 2007

Baby Sweetheart?!!

I entered Shaylee in our Towns "Baby Sweetheart" contest. Our town has a weeklong Fourth of July celebration, which includes a parade, carnival and Fireworks. I sent in a picture of Shaylee and they made a can for her, The can was placed at a local Hardware store. Each penny put into the can counts as one vote. Thankfully the people at the Hardware store know Shaylee, they have a Bulldog at the store named Bubba and SHaylee just loves him up whenever we go there. They made sure to tell everyone to vote for Shaylee, Their work paid off and Shaylee is one of the final four!! She gets to ride in the parade tonight. She is going to wear a navy blue Sailor style dress with red shoes and red bows in her hair. Please send a few good vibes our way, I hope she wins and I really really hope it doesn't rain!!!

4 comments:

Killlashandra said...

I like the idea of pennies for votes. I hope she gets $20 worth of pennies. :)

Michelle said...

how exciting that she's 1 of the top 4!! I hope you'll be able to take pictures of her in the parade! Good luck Shaylee!

~Melissa~ said...

That is so exciting! I'd fill the jar with pennies if I could! I hope you take lots of pictures of her in the parade!!!

mum2brady said...

Whooo hooooo hooooo - that is wonderful!!!! I'd vote for Shaylee in a second!!!