Saturday, January 20, 2007

I did it!!!

I made Shaylee a dress from a pattern, Whoo Hooo!!! I did it all by myself. I did have to ask a few questions though. It was such an easy dress to make. I made it a little longer than i wanted to. I was working on a pair of capri length knickers to go under the dress, but It would be pointless because the dress would cover them.

Last night I made her a T-shirt Dress. Which is basically a shirt with a skirt sewn on. I'll take pictures and post them later. Making dresses and sewing is really fun for me. Here is a picture of the first dress.


She's just so dramatic....she wasn't in the mood for pictures.



12 comments:

Jessica said...

I love sewing, but I can't seem to find much time to do it lately! Someday I'll get back into it!

But I love the dress!!

Rebecca said...

It's so beautiful, you did great.

Michelle said...

what a beautiful dress! You did a great job!

amy flege said...

great job miranda!! it look so cute on her too!! i havent done any sewing in so long...ugh

LeslieAnn said...

I soooo wish I could sew!! :) Good job!!

Mike said...

Love the images (and the dress, too!)

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

mum2brady said...

Whooo hoooooo - you are giving your hubby a run for his money :) I love it - and Shaylee is sooo pretty! Can't wait to see your next creation!!

O_Scientist said...

Wow, well done!

I used to sew when I had only a few kids, but somehow it's something that has fallen by the wayside when my family grew. I still greatly admire people who actually do sew.

Karen

Jodie said...

She is such a little cutie bug!! Thanks for sharing.

Dylan (and Kristy) said...

Congratulations! I've always wanted to make something like a dress but haven't gotten up the courage. Shaylee looks so pretty and I love the drama.

Kristy

FamilySnows said...

How adorable! It is such a special keepsake to have some dresses that momma made. My daughter Clara has a couple that I have sewn, makes me think that I should get working on one for Elly!! Nice job!

Karin said...

Just found your blog. Your daughter is adorable, great job on the dress!