Sunday, December 03, 2006

Unbelievable, Tragic and so sad

On Friday night my next door neighbor was killed. It was the day when winds were very high. She took her grandaughters dog out for a walk everyday while her grandaughter was at work. On Friday while she was walking the dog, a strong gust of wind blew off a galvanizd steel roof off of a coalyard building and sadly she was right in its path. Someone reported the building being damaged, and that the roof had been blown off. No one knew she was under the rubble. Her husband grew worried and started to look for her, he walked to his grandaughters house and saw fire trucks and police cars. He told them his wife had been missing for over an hour and that she frequently walked the dog in that area. They said there wasn't anything they could do for him and left!!! He started looking through the rubble and found his wife and the dog. I just can not believe the way this was handled by fire officials and the police. The family is devastated, I think her husband is still in shock, It's just so tragic and terribly sad. I'm at a loss for words......it's just shocking, it was such a freak accident.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! What a horrible accident! My heart goes out to your neighbor's family!

mum2brady said...

Oh no :( That is so tragic. Your neighbors are in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot believe the fire department and police would not help, and that poor dear man had to find his wife himself :( My heart goes out to them....

amy flege said...

ahhhh I am lost for words as well. I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to the family!

Michelle said...

Oh Miranda that is so sad! I can't even imagine - will be keeping this family in my prayers. What a difficult time this must be for them.

Rebecca said...

Oh my. How sad.

causa nostra laetitiae said...

We have to treasure every single day, because we never know. . . we're praying for your neighbor.

Jen said...

Oh how sad
my thoughts and prayers are going out to this man and his family