Friday, September 01, 2006

Rice Pudding, 5 Ingredient Friday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rice Pudding


Since Fall is right around the corner I've been thinking about the leaves changing and all the wonderful Fall, warm, homey foods. So what better than Rice pudding. I like mine just made still warm, with a sprinkle of cinnamon...Yum!!

Rice Pudding

1 Cup short-grain white rice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
4 Tbsp. Butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
(optional) 1/2 cup raisins

Cook rice as directed on box. In a double broiler or saucepot set over simmering water add cooked rice, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Cook stirring frequently until pudding thickens slightly, about 20 mins. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in vanilla. Place in individual dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon and either serve warm or chill in the refrigerator.

12 comments:

Beck said...

And the best thing about rice pudding for me is that my gluten-intolerant little girl can eat it! Also, yum. Do you find sweetened condensed milk irristable too or is it just me?
Thanks for commenting on my site yesterday!

gardeningram said...

I had a good rice pudding recipe and cannot find it now. I will have to try this one as it sounds yummy.

Overwhelmed! said...

I had no idea that making rice pudding could be so easy! I'm definitely going to give this one a try.

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange!

I leave for our trip in about 2 hours! :)

Lori said...

I'll have to try this! I remember having this way back when I was in grade school and loved it. Brings back memories. Thanks for posting it!

Eagles Wings said...

Oh yummy....my hubby loves this stuff..I'll have to try your recipe...

Magi said...

I'm not a rice pudding fan, but my husband loves it. I've never made it for him. This looks easy enough. I'll surprise him!

Sandra said...

If you like rice pudding, I invite you to try mine. It's one I've been making for years, it's Portuguese Rice Pudding and you can find it on my food blog Http://fullbellies.blogspot.com.

Thanks for sharing :)

Pamela said...

There is nothing better than homemade rice pudding. I love eatting it hot and adding raisins. Thanks, I didn't have a recipe for it. :)

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds yummy. I know I have had something similar as a child. Sounds good on a rainy day like today. Thanks bunches!

Larae said...

Wow, I haven't had rice pudding in FOREVER. I'm going to have to make some very soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Tammy and Parker said...

You are right, this is a great Fall comfort food. I love rice pudding!

Michelle said...

Kayla likes rice pudding - looks like we're going to be in the kitchen together whipping up our own homemade batch! :)