Friday, September 15, 2006

Five Ingredient Friday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Egg Drop Soup


This is a Recipe I found in one of My Grandmothers old grange cookbooks. I never liked egg drop soup when i was little, but now I love it!

Egg Drop Soup

3 cups Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. Cold water
1 egg lightly beaten
1 green onion, sliced thin

In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil. Mix cornstarh and cold water until smooth; whisk into broth. Cook until broth is slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low and drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Top each soup bowl with sliced green onion.

Did anyone try my Butter Ranch Rollup chicken? I tried the best i could to write an accurate recipe....because i usually don't follow one. I hope all the measurements were right.

For more 5 ingredient Recipes go to Overwhelmed

12 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

I love egg drop soup and this one does look yummy!

Tammy and Parker said...

We make this a lot for Saturday lunches. It is quick, yummy, and cheap....what's not to love?

Lori said...

This does look good. I only have egg drop soup when we visit Chinese restaurants. This looks like a good one to try.

Thanks for sharing it.

Brony said...

I always wondered how to make that soup.
Thanks

Jessica said...

I'm like Lori, I only eat Egg Drop Soup at restaurants, I can't wait to try this! It sounds so easy!

Larae said...

I absolutely LOVE egg drop soup. I've been making it at home for a while in a package of ramen noodles and have been wanting to find a new recipe..thank you for sharing! =)

Michelle said...

I haven't tried the butter ranch rollup chicken yet, but it's on my list of recipes to try!

The soup sounds easy to make. I just bought some lumpia too, this will help round out the meal!

Magi said...

I have to chime in with the "love egg drop soup, but never made it" crowd. It sounds super easy. Thanks for the recipe!

Barb said...

This is going to go great with Trisha's fried rice. I love egg drop soup. When everyone else is ordering the hot and sour, I always get egg drop. But I never knew how to make it. So thank you for this.

Susie said...

Sounds good, and thanks for sharing. I have only had this kind of soup at restaurants too.

Overwhelmed! said...

I must confess, I'm not a huge fan of Egg Drop Soup (at least the kind you are served in Chinese restaurants, but Oronzo and Jacob love it so I will try to make this one for them and taste it again.

Thanks for participating again in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

Oh, and I haven't had a chance to try your Butter Ranch Rollup chicken dish yet. I've been out of town for so long. I'll see if I can't make it this coming week. Remind me to let you know how it turns out, okay?

Eagles Wings said...

Thanks for stopping by, I think you were the only one that knew what Potato candy was...You must have some Irish in your genealogy....
Thanks for stopping by...
I'll have to try egg drop soup again, I didn't like it when I was younger as well!
Blessings
EaglesWings