Friday, September 08, 2006

Five Ingredient Friday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Butter Ranch Rollup Chicken


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is a Recipe I created, It's very easy to make and it tastes great. It even looks nice enough to have people over for dinner.

Butter Ranch Rollup Chicken

1 Cup Dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Hidden valley Ranch dip mix (dry)
5 Tbsp. Butter Melted
1 tsp. lemon Juice
1 Pkg. Perdue (fit and Easy) thinly sliced chicken Breast

Melt butter in a Shallow bowl in the microwave, add lemon juice.
In a seperate shallow bowl, add bread crumbs and Ranch mix, mix until evenly distributed.
Dip chicken in butter and then dip into bread crumbs. Roll chicken up jelly roll style and place seam side down in a baking dish. Drizzle remaining butter on top of chicken. Bake at 350 for 40-45 mins, until chicken is done, and top is crispy.

Sometimes I make a Ranch sauce to go on top of the Chicken. It's great either way, with or without the Sauce.

Ranch Sauce

4 Tbsp. Butter
4 Tbsp. Flour
1 1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. Ranch dip mix (dry)

Melt butter in a small saucepan, add flour and cook until a paste forms. Add milk slowly. Cook until thickened. Take off of heat and stir in Ranch mix. Serve on top of the chicken or in a seperate dish.

For more 5 ingredient recipes go to Overwhelmed

8 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oooh, this looks and sounds yummy! That's so cool that you came up with this recipe on your own. I'm afraid I'm one of those "follow a recipe to the letter" kind of cooks.

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. :)

Barbie said...

Your Ranch recipe looks very good..I will have to try this one:) I looked around your blog a bit. Your little girl is so precious.

Michelle said...

I'm much like Overwhelmed - I need a recipe to follow step-by-step - I would never know where to start making up my own recipe!

This sounds delicious! I'll be making it sometime soon!

Tammy and Parker said...

Wow, this really sounds good. I love recipes that I know my whole, very picky, family will eat. Thanks for sharing!

amy flege said...

yummy.. i am going to try this one for sure.. looks soo good!!

Magi said...

Looks delicous! Thanks!

Kathleen Marie said...

I love chicken and need all the chicken recipes I can get. This sounds like a real keeper. Thanks bunches!

Larae said...

My mom would definitely love this. Thanks for the recipe! =)