Monday, September 04, 2006

Dumpster Diving Daddy

Well..........he didn't actually "dive" into the dumpster. Today we took Shaylee to Toys R Us to buy her a tricycle for her upcoming Birthday. When we were leaving We went around the back of the store because i wanted to go to the next store over, and that was the easiest way. Well......Sitting in front of the dumpster was a Barbie Kitchen set. So John Went into the Store and asked if they were throwing it away, and they said yes and we could have it if we wanted it. So we went and picked it up. The reason they were throwing it away was because it was a display and the plates were stapled to the set, and the kitchen was bolted to a display.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After it was taken off of the display and cleaned, it looks brand new. No-one would ever know where we got it.

Shaylee is scrambling up some eggs in her new kitchen.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

gardeningram said...

What a find! How cute she looks "cooking" in her new kitchen. How long her hair is getting too.

Rebecca P. said...

Wow, what a lovely gift! It looks like Shaylee is really loving it :)

gardeningram said...

Papa wants to know what time supper is. He said that he would be there.

amy flege said...

HOLY SMOKES..YOU HIT THE JACKPOT! I JUST LOVE FINDS LIKE THAT!!!! SHAYLEE LOOKS SO CUTE COOKING UP HER EGGS!!

Michelle said...

what a great find!! I bet that just made your day :) Is Shaylee enjoying it just as much?! :)

LeslieAnn said...

Hi Shaylee! We are new to the blogging world and are slowly making our rounds!

Gotta say...this would have made my heart stop! I LOVE finding things like this!

:)Leslie & Jack

Bennetts said...

That sounds like something my husband would make me do. That is a cool deal and I guess I will have to take more back ways to the store. I am glad I found your blog it is cute, I have a little one with Ds too.

Overwhelmed! said...

Very cool. This is a great find!

Honestly, I think my son would love a little kitchen set like this. He loves to play with one at another baby friend's house. :)

momo2g said...

That is so funny.....John must have inherited the "dumpster diving" from his father.....I can remember when he used to go out when we lived on base years ago on the night before trash pickup....we used to get some pretty good stuff....never anything in as good condition as Shaylee's kitchen set...good deal.