Friday, September 29, 2006

5 Ingredient Friday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach and Ricotta


I got this Recipe from a cooking magazine. I made it last week, and it was excelent! The spinach and cheese keep the chicken moist and tender. It looks so fancy, but it only takes about 15 mins to prepare. I served mine with garlic mashed potatoes and Broccoli.

1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained well

2/3 cup Ricotta cheese

2 cloves Garlic Minced

Olive oil

4 Chicken breast with skin and bone

Preheat oven to 425. Drain spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible. Add Ricotta to spinach, add garlic and salt and pepper to taste, stir well to combine.

Loosen skin on the chicken and place 1/4 of the filling underneath the skin of the chicken. Secure skin with toothpicks to prevent shrinking. Place Chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil and salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 25-30 mins or until done.

For more 5 ingredient Recipes got to Overwhelmed

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Love the combinations of spinach, chicken and cheese. It will be a pleasure to serve! Thanks. :)

Brony said...

We've done a smiliar dish, but yours looks much easier to make.

Larae said...

Ricotta cheese is always in my fridge, as well as chicken. I'm a little weary about the spinach right now, but as soon as everything's good I'll be giving it a try! Thanks for sharing =)

Pass the Torch said...

This sounds outstanding! I've added your recipe to my grocery list;)

Overwhelmed! said...

Oronzo is going to LOVE this dish! It's got many of his favorite ingredients in it. :)

Thanks for continually participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

I hope to see you post a recipe this coming Monday for my Holiday Cooking, Blogger style recipe exchange.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!!!

Michelle said...

thanks for the recipe - this does sound simple to prepare!

mum2brady said...

OHHH -sounds sooo yummy - I'm going to have to try it!!!

The Imperfect Christian said...

I'm going to have to try this one, I LOVE ricotta!!

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds fabulous! Thanks bunches!