Friday, August 25, 2006

5 Ingredient Friday....Potato Gnocchi

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Potato Gnocchi


This is a Recipe I found in Taste of Home, I havn't tried it yet, but it seems very simple.

Potato Gnocchi


4 medium Potaotes peeled and quartered
1 egg lightly beaten
1 3/4 to 2 cups flour
3 quarts water
1 Bottle of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce

Place Potaotes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cook until potaotes are tender. Drain and Mash.

Place 2 cups mashed potaotes in a large mixing bowl (save any remaining potaotes for a snack) Stir in egg and salt to taste. Gradually beat in flour until blended (dough will be firm and elastic).

Turn onto a lightly floured surface; Knead 15 times. Roll into 1/2 inch wide ropes. Cut ropes into 1 inch pieces. Press down with a lightly floured fork.

In a dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add Gnocchi in small batches; cook for 8-10 mins or until Gnocchi floats on top. Drain and serve with Spaghetti Sauce.

For more 5 ingredient Recipes check out Overwhelmed

7 comments:

gardeningram said...

These are really good and this recipe is very much like mine. We love them. Let me know when you try it.

Overwhelmed! said...

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

I've gotten some great recipes today, including your recipe! I've never tried to make gnocchi, but I think I could manage this recipe. :)

Thanks!

Kathleen Marie said...

Nice, easy, quick and sounds yummy. I love tomatoey things. Thanks bunches!

Michelle said...

I had never even heard of gnocchi until someone posted a recipe for it last week - and now you have one for making it! :) We love eating potatoes here so I'm going to have to try this one!

Tammy and Parker said...

You are right. These do sound easy. Hmmmmm.......think I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow night!

Overwhelmed! said...

Miranda, thanks for posting a comment on my alternate use for a pot rack tip.

You found yet another use for that pot rack, one I wouldn't have thought of. I love it! When you get it finished, will you take a picture and send it to me, or post it on your blog and let me know to come take a look? I really want to see how it turns out! :)

Barb said...

I've found some great recipes in Taste of Home. I've never made this either but it sure sounds easy enough. I get so tired of cooking the same things over and over, I love it when I find something new to try.