Friday, June 16, 2006

Five ingredient friday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a recipe I Found in Rachael Rays New magazine. I am going to try this recipe tonight, i might be adventurous and try it on the grill. This is a great summer supper, lots of fresh ingredients.

Goat Cheese Spinach Pizza
14 oz. can pilsbury pizza crust
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
one 6 oz. bag baby spinach
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces goat cheese crumbled

Preheat oven to 400, spread dough on baking sheet and spnkle with some olive oil and parmesan cheese. Bake for 8 mins. Toss the spinach with a drizzle of olive oil. Top the crust with spinach, tomatoes, and goat cheese. Drizzle pizza with more olive oil and bake for 15 mins more.

I was thinking this recipe would be great with fresh mozzarella cheese instead of the goat cheese and a a couple of fresh basil leaves mixed in with the spinach. This is a good base recipe for making some yummy summer pizzas. Hope you enjoy it!!! I'll update after I've tried the recipe tonight.

8 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oooh, this looks good. Let me know how it turns out tonight, okay? And please go add your blog link to my blog so I remember to check back! :)

Michelle said...

oh that does sound like a good pizza recipe ... and I like the add-ons you're planning on doing. Will have to try this one as well!

Miranda said...

I tried the pizza tonight. I made it in the oven and i used fresh Mozzarella cheese instead of the goat cheese. It was good, but i really didn't like the pilsbury pizza crust, it tasted to artificial, and didn't go well with the flavors of the pizza, so next time i make it i will buy the frozen pizza dough. I havn't planted any Basil yet so i didn't add that, but maybe next time. The pizza was good, but i would suggest using "real" pizza dough.

Overwhelmed! said...

Miranda, thanks for the review and the tip about using real pizza dough, rather than the Pilsbury stuff.

We have a pizza stone that I don't think we've ever used! I may have to drag it out and try to use it to make this pizza. :)

Sandra said...

Looks so good....can't wait to try it :)

Mine is up too.

Michelle said...

Yes thanks for the review about the Pillsbury dough. I wonder how it would work with DiGornio? Also I have a pizza dough mix from Pampered Chef, I bet that would taste good too!

Beck said...

Ah! I totally used to make that and then I lost the recipe! I AM SO EXCITED! Thank you so much for posting that!

Overwhelmed! said...

Miranda, would you please email me at adoptive_mom_1@yahoo.com so I have your email to respond to your kind comments? :)